S8a 25th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION has been officially revealed. A commemorative set for the fans to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Pokémon TCG.
25th Anniversary Collection Expansion Pack
Releasing on the 22nd of October 2021, comes the 25th Anniversary Collection Expansion! As we have previously covered, this set will include 28 cards, with each pack containing 5 random cards.
Just revealed today is Mew, illustrated by Yuu Nishida!
Mew’s ability is “Mystery Tail”. You can use this ability once per turn. Take 6 cards from the top of your deck, and choose 1 Item card if available – show your opponent, and then add it to your hand. It’s a very handy ability!
- This set will contain 28 cards + ??? (SR cards or better)
- This set will release on October 22, 2021
- Price for 1 Booster box: 4752 yen
- 1 Booster box includes:
- 16 packs
- 1 pack includes 5 cards
- 1 pack contains 5 Holo cards (including 1 basic energy card)
Ability: Mystery Tail
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is in the Active position, you may look at the top 6 cards from your deck. Choose an Item card you find there, reveal it and put it into your hand. Then shuffle the other cards into your deck.
Translated by ToineLay, thank you!
25th Anniversary Edition Promo Card Pack
Alongside the 25th Anniversary Collection Expansion comes the 25th Anniversary Edition Promo Card Pack.
Inside each pack is 1 random card. These Promo cards are reprints of popular, previously released cards from generations past.
When purchasing 4 Booster Packs of the 25th Anniversary Collection Packs, customers will receive 1 25th Anniversary Edition Promo Card Pack.
Revealed today is this lovely reprint of the Base Set Venusaur! These special Promo cards are denoted with the s8a-P emblem in the bottom left corner. These cards are almost direct reprints of their original cards, and as such, may not be used in official Tournament play. The card appears to be textured.
About the cards, we think the cards are divided like this because the Golden Pikachu V promo is numbered S8a-G 001/015 and the Poké Ball s8a-G 002/015:
- S8a: Normal (set) collection
- S8a-P: Promos that aren't S-P neither S8a but are it's own set
- S8a-G: Golden subset of S8a or seperate promo set?
25th Anniversary Golden Box, The fully loaded, Gorgeous Set!
Last but not least, the 25th Anniversary Golden Box will also release on the 22nd of October, 2021 – a gorgeous set that will include items used for play. Every item included is themed gold, with an overarching Pikachu theme. The product image also shows a Gold Pikachu V card with a 25th Anniversary Stamp, as well as a Gold Pokeball Item card. While the item description doesn’t list these cards, it’s safe to say they will likely be included.
It’s not year clear how to purchase this item, it will be sold at Pokemon Center Japan, however it appears this information will be available on the Trainer’s Website in the future.
Update 16-07-2021: This product will only be sold at Pokemon Center Online Japan. No info if this is a lottery or made to order.
Pokemon Card Game Sword & Shield
25th ANNIVERSARY GOLDEN BOX
Price: 17600 yen
- 5 x 25th Anniversary Edition Promo Card Pack
- 1 Deck (60 cards)
- This is a construction deck, so it will likely feature multiple of the same cards for play
- 64 Premium Deck Sleeves (Glossy)
- Gold coloured Playmat (1)
- Metal Damage Counter Dice (12)
- Metal Poison/Burn Markers (1 each)
- Deck Case (1, synthetic leather)
- Playmat Case (1, synthetic leather)
- Damage Counter Case (1, synthetic leather)
- Pokemon Coin (1)
Written by okJLUV