Major news has been announced today. First major info for the Sword & Shield TCG (Base Set). Gigantamax forms from the Sword & Shield videogames are making their debut as VMAX cards. VMAX will be covered in this article below.
Pokémon TCG: Sword & Shield
- 17 Pokémon V and 12 full-art Pokémon V, including Zacian V and Zamazenta V
- Four Pokémon VMAX, including Snorlax VMAX, Stonjourner VMAX and Lapras VMAX
- 35 Trainer cards, including four full-art Supporter cards
- One Special Energy card
- Releases on February 7, 2020
More Product images added of Sword & Shield TCG (Thanks to our good friends over at PidgiWiki!)
- 3-Booster Blisters of Galarian Ponyta and Morpeko
- Checklane Blisters of Wooloo and Gossifleur
Update 19-12-2019: Real life images added of the Meowth VMAX Special Collection
The Pokémon VMAX mechanic finally has been revealed.
- They evolve from Pokémon V and feature Dynamax or Gigantamax Pokémon, as seen in the recently launched Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield video games.
- These cards have massive HP and powerful attacks, but when a Pokémon VMAX is Knocked Out, the player’s opponent will take three Prize cards.
- In Japan, VMAX cards have the RRR rarity and are textured. It's unknown if this counts as a secret rare card or not. The set number 015/060 indicates it's not a secret rare. It could stand for RRR (Triple Rare), just like a regular version V / GX counts as RR (Double Rare).
- Aside from Snorlax and Lapras, Stonjourner will have a confirmed VMAX card. 1 unannounced VMAX card is left.
Holo effect of V cards
Attach a Water Energy from your hand to this Pokémon. Then switch it with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.
Ocean Loop 210
Return 2 Water Energy attached to this Pokémon to your hand.
Heal from this Pokémon the same amount of damage you did to your opponent's Active Pokémon.
Falling Down 170
This Pokémon is now Asleep.
Choose up to 2 Pokémon and 2 basic Energy cards from your discard pile, reveal them and shuffle them into your deck. ( You can only take Pokémon or basic Energy if you wish)
From your discard pile, choose 1 metal energy and attach it to one of your benched metal pokemon.
Meowth VMAX Special Collection
This is probably the recently announced V Teaser Box. It's called the Meowth VMAX Special Collection and is releasing on January 3, 2020.
The Meowth VMAX Special Collection contains:
- 5 Booster Packs
- 1 Meowth V
- 1 Meowth VMAX
- 1 Oversize Meowth VMAX
- 1 code card for the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
Sword & Shield TCG Jumbo cards are going to be smaller than the Jumbo cards we previously got so far. This seems to be for at least the upcoming Sword & Shield V boxes.
Regular V cards have a glossy finish on some parts of the cards, but no embossing texturing like Japan has.