Very premium product, and classic cards!
TPCi has revealed a new 'timeless' product named Pokemon Trading Card Game Classic / Pokemon Card Game Classic (in Japanese) during the Pokemon Presents livestream on Pokemon Day.
This is a premium TCG product that includes classic cards that 'would last for a lifetime', It's designed by design studio nendo in collaboration with The Pokémon Company & Creatures Inc.
It costs 35000 yen in Japan (no price announced for the international version) and is scheduled for release on Late October 2023 in Japan and Late 2023 for the international version.
Except for Basic Energy cards, cards included in Pokémon Trading Card Game Classic cannot be used for tournament play.
The official webpage for this product is available:
- Japanese version: https://www.pokemon-card.com/ex/classic/
- English version: https://tcg.pokemon.com/classic
New cards are revealed: Onix, Pokemon Nurse, Grass Energy, Clefairy, Bill, Fire Energy, Lt. Surge’s Rattata, VS Seeker & Water Energy.
Also Pokemon is doing an additional lottery at Pokemon Center Online.
You can enter from April 27, 2023 13:00 JST to May 8 (Monday) 23:59 JST.
Winning announcements will be on June 15, 2023.
Shipping time is scheduled after early March 2024.
Update 11-08-2023: We have added photos of the decklists. The Blastoise & Suicune deck features Mr. Mime from the Japanese exclusive Vending Machine Series 1, now available in English language.
Photo courtesy of PokeGuardian Staff Member @immewnity
Update 21-09-2023: TPCi revealed more info regarding the English language of Pokemon Card Game Classic.
The price will be $399.99 USD and releases November 17, 2023. It's available for preorder now at Pokémon Center in
the U.S., Canada and U.K. on Sept. 21, 2023, while supplies last.
TPCi stated that: "The unique cards printed for Pokémon Trading Card Game Classic will also be made available in a separate product coming in February 2024. Stay tuned for more details."
This product contains a toolbox that is equipped with enough gaming accessories for two players to engage in a battle, which include damage counters that can be stacked, Poison and Burn markers in a three-dimensional form, and metallic orbs that serve as a substitute for Pokémon coins.
Also the international version will be available in select markets in North America (including the US and Canada), Latin America and
EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa).
You can find a fact sheet from TPCi at the bottom of the post that has all the information about this product. The article below also contains product information for the Japanese version.
There are 3 unique decks in this product:
- Blastoise & Suicune ex deck
- Charizard & Ho-oh ex deck
- Venusaur & Lugia ex deck
Four languages will be offered for the Pokémon Card Game Classic: Japanese, English, Korean, and Traditional Chinese.
Beginning on February 28, 2023, the product will be available in Japan at the Pokémon Center Online and nendo house via lottery system.
At a later time, more specific information regarding sales will be made known in the future. Make sure to follow our social media accounts.
Card translations comes again from ToineLay, thank you!
Venusaur & Lugia ex deck
CC - Ascending Wing 30
Search your deck for 1 Basic Energy card and attach it to this Pokémon. Then shuffle your deck.
CCCC - Aero Break 200
This Pokémon does 30 damage to itself.
Attacks from the Venusaur this card is attached to deal 100 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon.
Charizard & Ho-Oh ex deck
R - Phoenix Breath
Attach up to 2 Basic Energy from your discard pile to your Pokémon in any way you like.
RRCC - Eternal Blaze 180
This Pokémon can't attack during your next turn.
Attacks from the Charizard this card is attached to deal 100 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon.
Blastoise & Suicune ex deck
Ability: Aqua Float
If this Pokémon has any Water Energy attached to it, it has no Retreat Cost.
CCC - Crystal Blast 60+
This attack does 30 more damage for each Water Energy attached to this Pokémon.
Attacks from the Blastoise this card is attached to deal 100 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon.
Pokemon Card Game Classic (product information)
Suggested retail price: 35,000 yen (tax included)
- 3x 60-card Deck
*Due to the nature of construction decks, multiple of the same cards are included.
- 1x Case with integrated playmat
- 3x Flip Deck Box
- 3x sets of Deck Sleeves (64 pieces)
- 1x set of (3D) stackable damage counters 64 pieces: (36x 10 Damage, 18x 50 Damage, 10x 100 Damage)
- 2x sets of (3D) condition markers
- 2x Silver balls
Product information for the International version of Pokémon Trading Card Game Classic:
Created as a collaboration between The Pokémon Company, Creatures Inc. and design
firm nendo, Pokémon Trading Card Game Classic is a premium Pokémon TCG set that
is designed as a staple playset for any Pokémon TCG fan. Pokémon Trading Card
Game Classic contains everything fans need to play the Pokémon TCG, including
preconstructed decks and gameplay accessories — all of which have been uniquely
and thoughtfully designed to be both beautiful and functional, delivering a polished
and elevated battling experience.
Sporting a reimagined design, Pokémon Trading Card Game Classic contains everything Trainers need to play and
Three Preconstructed Decks:
• Iconic cards from the history of the Pokémon TCG, including Base Set Venusaur,
Charizard and Blastoise, headline three specially constructed 60-card decks
featuring Grass, Fire and Water Energy types.
• Alongside classic cards, brand-new cards such as Ho-Oh ex, Lugia ex and Suicune
ex are included, allowing players to form new strategies.
• Except for Basic Energy cards, cards included in Pokémon Trading Card Game
Classic cannot be used for tournament play. However, these static decks are
perfect for challenging friends and family to a Pokémon TCG battle at any time.
High-Quality Game Board:
• The foldable and portable two-player game board comes with card placement
zones for Active Pokémon, Benched Pokémon, a card deck, discard pile and Prize
• The game board features a compartment that holds up to three decks, as well as
a toolbox complete with all gameplay accessories needed for battling.
• The game board offers a premium fabric surface that allows cards to easily slide
across, non-stitched edges to avoid cards getting caught when playing, a fabric
hinge eliminating gaps in the board and built-in magnet to minimize noise during
• The black-and-white color scheme of the game board has been designed to match
the toolbox and card sleeves while maintaining a visual focus on the cards and
• The toolbox contains enough gameplay accessories for two players to battle,
including stackable damage counters, three-dimensional Poison and Burn markers
and metal orbs that take the place of Pokémon coins.
• Players will be able to roll metal orbs down a small chute — if the orb lands in a
white-bordered hole, it’s treated as heads, and if it lands in a black-bordered hole,
it’s treated as tails — removing the need for dice and coins.
Intuitive Damage Counters and Special Condition Markers:
• The toolbox includes a set of damage counters featuring yellow 10-damage
counters, orange 50-damage counters and red 100-damage counters.
• In addition to the bright colors, each damage counter prominently displays the
damage count on its side, allowing players to quickly calculate the total damage
• Designed with a conical shape, the damage counters are stackable to maximize
visibility of in-play cards and allow for easy storage.
• Made from aluminum, the damage counters are moderately weighted to prevent
falling over when vertically stacked.
• Three-dimensional, ring-shaped Poison and Burn markers are also included in the
toolbox to allow players to easily identify these Special Conditions.
Elegant Card Sleeves and Deck Boxes:
• Featuring a Poké Ball motif, three kinds of card sleeves are included to protect
the three preconstructed decks.
• Card sleeves have been purposely designed in a black-and-white color scheme to
maintain visual focus on the card artwork.
• Three deck boxes featuring the Grass, Fire and Water Energy symbols match the
preconstructed decks and allow for easy storage of sleeved cards when not in use.