Major update 15-11-2022: The TCG Live beta is now available globally in the following languages:
Pokemon TCG Live has been officially revealed after we have spotted 'TCG Live' on Fusion Strike products. This app is a successor to the current Pokemon TCG Online that released in 2011.
PTCG Live will come to Android, iOS with smartphone and tablet compatibility. And it also becomes available as a web version. With this web version, you can also play PTCG Live on PCs and Macs.
It's a free-to-play game and it's the first time it's officially supported for Smartphones. The game will also be cross-platform between all supported platforms. It will support devices back to iPhone and iPad (2017) with iOS 15, devices with Android 8.0, Windows 7, and MacOS X 10.12. Live will be available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese language.
There is no specific release date mentioned yet, just 'coming soon' for a global launch and later this year a 'Canadian soft launch for iOS and Android, global open beta for PC and Mac'.
Our friend and PokeGuardian contributor Immewnity has made a summary of all the relevant question and answers made available by Pokemon Support.
Update 04-11-2021: The TCG Live beta has been delayed to 2022.
Update 16-02-2022: TCG Live Beta will start from February 22, 2022 for Canada. It will be a limited beta for iOS and Android, as well as Windows PC and macOS devices. Also new screenshots revealed.
Also PTCGO will be removed from the App Store, Google Play, and http://Pokemon.com shortly prior to the launch of Pokémon TCG Live.
More info on the support page here.
Pokémon Trading Card Game Live Beta FAQ
"Starting Feb. 22, 2022, Pokémon fans in Canada will be able to preview Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) Live during the limited beta for iOS and Android, as well as Windows PC and macOS devices, before the online game launches around the world. Limited-beta participants will have the opportunity to play the upcoming Sword & Shield—Brilliant Stars in Pokémon TCG Live prior to the expansion’s global release.
Canadian players can access the limited beta on mobile devices via the Apple App Store and Google Play, and on Windows PC and macOS devices by downloading the app from Pokemon.ca/TCGL, when the testing period goes live on February 22, 2022. They will also be able to enjoy cross-platform play during the limited beta. Furthermore, Pokémon TCG Online players will have the option of playing Pokémon TCG Live during the testing period without losing access to the Pokémon TCG Online app."
Additionally, some of you may have recently received code cards with Pokémon TCG Live branding as part of some Pokémon TCG products. Though Pokémon TCG Live is not available at this time, please know these cards are still redeemable in Pokémon TCG Online.— Pokémon TCG (@PokemonTCG) November 4, 2021
Play Wherever and Whenever:
• Play the Pokémon TCG by the official rules wherever you are and while on the go
with smartphone and tablet support.
• Experience the Pokémon TCG on your preferred platform—whether mobile or
desktop—and pick up where you left off on any supported device.
Battle with Friends:
• Challenge friends and members of the Pokémon TCG Live community with fun
gameplay modes, including ranked and casual play.
• Add and remove friends; see your friends’ online status; and send, accept, and
deny battle requests.
• Pair with players of similar skill level via online matchmaking.
• Use your favorite Pokémon TCG Live preconstructed deck, or build a custom deck,
to test your skills against your friends or random players from around the world.
Build and Edit Decks:
• Start your Pokémon TCG Live journey by automatically receiving eight playable
decks at no cost, including a beginner’s starter deck to help you learn the game.
• Edit deck lists to create the ideal deck for your next battle. Play the Standard
format at launch—with Expanded format coming via a future game update—and
collect cards from the Sword & Shield, Sun & Moon, XY, and Black & White Series.
• Add new cards to your deck by redeeming codes included in physical Pokémon
TCG booster packs or by earning digital booster packs in the game.
Earn Rewards with Battle Pass:
• Play daily quests to level up your Battle Pass and unlock higher rewards. Every
day, two new quests are available that will provide players with XP, progression,
and quest rewards.
• Progress in Battle Pass Ladders to unlock in-game cosmetics, booster packs, and
• Unlock in-game content and accessories at no cost by completing quests and
- Coins: Get cool new apparel and emotes for your avatar, and deck
customizations such as deck boxes and card sleeves. Coins can be earned
by completing quests, leveling up, increasing your rank, and more.
- Credits: Transfer up to four copies of a unique Pokémon TCG card, one
copy of an ACE SPEC or Prism Star card, one copy of each part of a
Pokémon V-UNION card, and 59 copies of a basic Energy card from your
existing Pokémon TCG Online account. Additional copies of Pokémon TCG
cards can be converted into Credits, which can be redeemed for single
cards to add to your collection. Credits can also be earned by achieving
various milestones within the game.
- Crystals: With Crystals, earn booster packs, promo cards, and special
bundles in the in-game shop to add cards to your collection. In addition,
use Crystals to upgrade your experience to the Premium Pass and the
Premium Pass +. Crystals can be earned by completing quests.
Customize Your Experience:
• Customize your in-game avatar in a variety of ways, including skin tone, hair
style, hair color, and eye color—plus different clothing options like tops, bottoms,
glasses, hats, and shoes.
• Use your favorite deck accessories when building out customized decks for an
additional personal touch.
I was hoping it can be played in every country. My country Indonesia is still unplayable.